This family-oriented event allows children age 2 through grade 5 (and really ANYONE!) to express their ingenuity by creating and racing their own wooden Grand Prix car on our six-lane track, while enabling our AWANA club to share God’s plan of salvation to those who participate in and attend this fun event involving their child.
Car Registration & Weigh-in:
Saturday, April 14th registration and weigh-in will take place between 12:00 – 2:00pm in the Activity Center. Cars must be registered, weighed and given a number. The cars will be kept safe overnight until race day. Another opportunity to register will be Sunday, April 15th from 3:00 - 4:30pm. Both registration periods will allow anyone time to test their cars on our track before submitting.
• As a reminder, maximum car weight is 5.0 ounces when weighed on our official scales.
• All cars MUST run the Awana wheels and axles provided in the kits.Cars NEED to be registered/weighed and left in the Activity Center on Saturday.
Race day is scheduled for Sunday, April 15th.
· Voting for Best in Design will take place on Race Day (April 15th) from 4:30 to 5:00pm.
· Want to watch your child’s car race down the track? These are the designated start times for each race group:
• T&T – 5:15
• Puggles/Jr. Cubbies/Cubbies – 5:45
• Sparks – 6:15
• Open – After Sparks race
• We will finish the night off with our local pros battling it out for the title... “King of the Hill.”
Will anybody defeat the Beast and set a new track record? I guess you will have to show up and see.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jason Collins (336-442-9296) or Jeff Chandler (336.456.8457).